Putting Student Learning Ahead of Politics
- Superintendent Ritz worked with Democrats and Republicans to get rid of the pass/fail ISTEP test, recruit high-quality teachers and expand career programs
- Her proposal for a new test would decrease the length by 8 hours and save Hoosier taxpayers over $12 million annually.
- Her bipartisan Blue Ribbon Commission brought 8 solutions to the Legislature to solve the teacher shortage.
- During her first term, 200,000 students enrolled in career courses, achieving a 95% graduation rate, because students saw relevance in their learning
Getting Results for Schools
- Superintendent Ritz hired outreach coordinators to work with and support every school principal in Indiana
- These coordinators worked with school leaders to transform 193 schools from low-performing to high-performing
- Over 108,000 students are attending better schools, and they never had to change schools
Investing in High-Quality Pre-K
- Superintendent Ritz has a plan to bring high-quality Preschool to every parent and child who wants it
- Her Pre-K plan would allow Indiana to achieve at least a 50% participation rate by 2020, which would make us 8th in the nation.
- We can achieve this for less than 1% of the entire state budget and without increasing taxes.