Learning A-Z text leveling system comes to determine the leveling criteria based subjectively and objectively to measure the complexity of the reading materials. You can see Raz Kids Reading Level Correlation know the leveling system on Raz Kids book based on quantitative criteria, and it uses statistical text measurement to know the syllable per word, the texts’ length, and the total number of different words.
Quantitative Criteria Measure on Raz Kids Reading Level Correlation:
- Different words in total
- The total numbers of words count
- Comparison of the total words to different words
- high-frequency words in total
- The ration of the high-frequency words to the total words
- Low-frequency words in total
- Low-frequency words to the total words comparison
- The length of the texts
- The sentence complexity
The Raz Kids reading level correlation based on qualitative criteria refers to the texts where the readers can evaluate like the author aims of the text, the structure of the texts, the levels of meaning, language clarity, language conventions, knowledge demand, the complexity of the visual device, and importance.
Qualitative Criteria Measure of Raz Kids Reading Level Correlation:
- Text reliance on
- Support for illustration
- Support of labeling and reader
- Distractions of text and feature
- Organization logical nature
- Structure and organization of text
- Text predictability
- Intertextual dependence
- Single Multi-themed
- Familiarity with the topics
- The concept load
- The knowledge demand
There is a teacher who will judge the books provided in the qualitative criteria where the readers also have the same role to evaluate the books whether the available eBooks on Raz Kids are already suitable for kids.
Here is the Raz Kids Reading Level Correlation based on the age of the kids with the suitable level.
- Levels aa, A, B, and C are suitable for grade K and 4-6 years old students
- Level D is suitable for 6-7 years old in grade 1.
- Levels E, F, G, H and I are suitable for 6-7 years old in grade 1.
- Level J is suitable for 6-8 years old in grade 1.
- Levels K, L, M, N, O, and P, are suitable for 7-8 years old in grade 2.
- Level Q is suitable for 7-9 years old in grade 3.
- Levels R, S, and T are suitable for 8-9 years old in grade 3.
- Level U is suitable for 8-11 years old in grade 4.
- Levels V, W, X, Y, and Z are suitable for 9-11 years old in grade 4 and 5.
- Level Z1 and Z2 are suitable for 9-11+ years old in grade 5+.
The Raz Kids reading level correlation based on the leveled books are available in various genres including fiction and nonfiction. You can see the following eBooks based on the level available on Raz Kids website.
|Aa||Toys, Summer, Spring, Pets, and much more.|
|A||I can, Going places, fruits, and much more.|
|B||It is School Time, Playful Puppy, Maria and Her Teacher, and much more.|
|C||We Make a Snowman, The Woodsy Band Jam, Machines at home, and much more.|
|D||Where Animals Live, The Sky is Falling; Frog is Hungry and much more.|
|E||The Four Seasons, At the Rodeo, All Kinds of Farms, and much more.|
You can find a lot of leveled reading materials on Raz Kids reading level correlation. Go to www.raz-kids.com to get more information.