If the applications like Outlook and Salesforce are frequently used, you may need to synchronize these two to make work easier. When they connected to each other, any information contained in Outlook can be viewed via salesforce, and vice versa. So, follow the Salesforce for Outlook Download.
After Salesforce for Outlook Download, everything that needs to be synchronized between these two apps can be customized depending on what is needed. However, it depends on the administrator of your computer.
The Salesforce for Outlook Download Process
- The first step is closing the outlook application.
- The next step could be different, depending on whether or not you are downloading Salesforce for the first time. If this is your first attempt at downloading Salesforce, you need to perform different steps than those who already have Salesforce installed and only need to upgrade.
- If this is your first time of Salesforce for Outlook download, follow these steps. First, go to the personal settings page. In the searching box, type out the application’s name and select it. Download the application and you are good to go. However, if the download button is not available, you can contact your administrator and ask him or her to give you an access to Outlook configuration.
Moreover, the steps are different if you want to upgrade your version of Salesforce for Outlook from version 2.4.2. First, you need to uninstall the one currently installed in your computer. In order to do this, it is required to visit the control panel. Search for Salesforce application and uninstall it as you would uninstall other applications. If the current version of Salesforce installed on your computer is version 2.5.0 or newer, just follow the directions on step three.
However, after executing the Salesforce for Outlook Download steps, you still need to do some more steps to install it. Just follow the directions below before using the app.
- First, open the file downloaded with the steps above. The app provides an installation wizard and it will guide you throughout the process. If .NET 4 is not yet installed in the computer, it will be installed during this step. After .NET 4 is installed, the computer will need to be restarted in order to complete the entire process of installation.
- After that, open the Outlook application. The Salesforce for Outlook download wizard will automatically show up.
- If a login into a non-default web site is needed, the Change URL menu can be chosen to perform this.
- Enter the login details needed and choose approve.
- Preview the synchronization directions in the next popup box.
- Choose your preferred synchronization method of Salesforce for Outlook download.
- When all of the synchronization processes are done, a greeting message will appear.
Now, the steps to Salesforce for Outlook download are done. The apps can be used now, and everything between them can be synchronized. Be glad that you’ve installed this application since your work will feel more convenient now.