Netspend is known for its prepaid card product. It is a helpful tool to keep people on track with their money spending. Card holder is able to directly deposit their paychecks and various benefits into the account. The money inside this prepaid account can be used to conduct many kinds of transactions. Paying utility bills and shopping expenses cannot get easier. Before using this card, it must be activated first. However, during this process some people have complained: why can’t I activate my NetSpend card? Well, there are several reasons of debit card activation failure which will be discussed in the next part.
Activating Netspend Card and Its Possible Issues
There are two kinds of card products offered by this financial institution based on the used payment networks, MasterCard and Visa. You can use the card wherever the payment network enlisted on your card is accepted. This card can be used for personal or business purposes.
When you are getting a card from the company, you can receive several benefits. No minimum credit score that you have to surpass to get this card. Even if you have bad credit rating, this card is still obtainable. There is no minimum balance to have the prepaid card.
Before you learn the answer to “why can’t I activate my NetSpend card?”, knowing the correct way for card activation is important. Below are the steps to activate your prepaid debit card online.
- Access NetSpend’s website at https://www.netspend.com/
- Click “Activate Card” button on top right corner of the homepage
- Type in your card number which is 16-digit number you can find at the front of your prepaid card
- Type in your security code which is 3-digit number that you can find at the backside of your prepaid card
- Select username and password that you will use to access an online account for your card
- Answer some simple questions to identify that you are the real card holder. Possible questions include social security number and born city
- Make a 4-digit PIN to draw money from ATM or conduct debit card transaction
- The activation process is completed
So, why can’t I activate my NetSpend card? In the case where you received the card as a gift, then perhaps you enter a wrong social security number, which is actually the number of card giver. Several cases showed that the company does not willing to change user’s information in their database. But hopefully current system has changed. Some customers even failed to activate for no reason. In this case, you can forward complain toward its customer service and federal consumer protection.
It is better to relay question of “why can’t I activate my NetSpend card?” directly to the company for effective problem solving. The financial institution will be more proactive to resolve your problem. You can contact a toll line number at 1-866-387-7363 to reach the customer service and ask this question. This number can be called from Monday to Friday at 8 a.m. to 10 p.m. Central Time and on Saturday and Sunday at 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. Central Time. It can be reached through email at [email protected].com.